Kalayaan [kah-lay-ya-ahn]

 Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yesterday was the 2011 Kalayaan!! I got to be surrounded by hundreds of filipinos and eat awesome filipino food. Kalayaan means "liberty" or "freedom" in tagalog (the main language spoken in the Philippines). It's pretty much their Independence Day. It was so much fun. Unfortunately I didn't get too many pictures, and I forgot to take pics of the food :( But here's what I have to share:

Located @ Halmich Park, Warren MI

A couple of volleyball nets were up and there's a basketball court a little farther in the back to the right.
We love to dance :)

Joy and I (One of my best friends)

The top I wore was actually really bright yellow..I wish it had shown up that way, but I guess my camera couldn't handle it's awesome color. Oh well... I also wore my cute strawberry necklace from Claire's :] I LOVE strawberries! lol

2 comments:

D.Sadie (D.G.S.Beauty) June 12, 2011 at 12:13 PM  

Cool! I wish we'd have something like that here. =)

-Dinah
dgsbeauty.com

*Check out my giveaway:
http://www.dgsbeauty.com/2011/06/dgsbeautys-100-followers-giveaway.html

Nelson June 15, 2011 at 5:37 PM  

Hello my friend! I have been visiting your blog. Cool! Seriously, I thoroughly enjoyed your posts. Interestings photos! Congratulations for your work. I invite you to visit my blog at:
http://nelsonsouzza.blogspot.com
Greetings!!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP