Friday, July 15, 2011
Violent lips, what can I say? Uhh, they are so cool?! I’ve never tried lip tattoos, so when I tried these bad boys out I was definitely amazed. They have sooo many prints to choose from; cheetah/leopard prints, polka dots, and even fishnet designs! I loved fake tattoos when I was a child, these work the same way. Each pack contains 3 applications, and a step-by-step directions card to help you if you’re a first timer like I was. It doesn’t even take that long to get the hang of it. They stay on for about 4-8 hours, depending on your skin type and care. And if anyone is wondering, I heard they still stay put even if you’re kissing/making out with someone. I can’t wait to use the leopard print for Halloween this year!
- Make sure your lips are dry and free of any oils or products and punch out the pre-cut patterns.
- Then open your mouth like you’re at the doctors and the doctor is telling you to say “Ahhh”. That is the “Ahhh shape”.
- Next measure your lip length (the vertical lines) and cut at the end corners of your mouth.
- Make the Ahhh shape again, and measure the depth of your lip (horizontal lines). This is where you will cut along the starting point of your water line. The tattoo will adhere better on a dry surface, so avoid applying the tattoo past your water line because it will start to tear.
|Here is a picture of the horizontal/vertical lines|
- Next, with your cutout positioned in the perfect spot (design facing the lips), wet a paper towel, or a washcloth, and dab it onto the backside. Don’t be afraid to use a lot of water.
- Wait about 40 seconds, and then gently peel off.
- Dab lightly to smoothen out any rough patches.
- Optional: You can add a lip balm on top once it dries. Lip gloss I wouldn't recommend, because it might strip away the tattoo. And you can fill in any spots left out with a same color lip liner.
Finished results J
|THE RED LOVE <3|
|I love the movie "Kickass" hahahah :)|
Here are other patterns:
THE CORAL CHEETAH:
There is a tutorial on the Violent Lips website if you want to check out the application in action http://www.violentlips.com/
(There are a bunch of patterns to choose from! So check them out!!)
To remove: just dab on some mineral oil or baby oil and wait for about 2-3 minutes, then wipe with a textured cloth. Avoid eating greasy/oily foods. And for the next time you apply another set, save the already measured cutouts and use them as a guide to save time!
This product is FDA approved and is not tested on cute little animals :)