e.l.f. custom compact w/mirror

 Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy May! I’m finishing up my winter classes and I’ve been super busy with finals and finishing up projects. Sooooo, it’s going to be a while before I can start posting more entries. Until then, I want to give my thoughts on a product really quick. I recently purchased the e.l.f. Essentials Compact w/ Mirror.





I also bought 4 different custom eyeshadow shades for it: Ivory, Dusk, Golden Glow, and Moondust. Ivory is a pretty frosty white. Dusk is a shimmery gunmetal. Golden Glow is a gorgeous shimmery gold. Moondust is a frosty taupe. The compact was a dollar and each individual shadow pans were a dollar a piece. I’m impressed with the pigmentation in these shadows and how beautiful they turned out to be, especially Golden Glow. You don’t need much on your brush for application, and they’re easy to blend.




The compact itself can hold up to 4 eyeshadow/lip/face pans via magnets, and it has a huge mirror (which I love). It’s pearly white, and super cute with “e.l.f. elements” printed on the front and the website on the back.




Since these shadows are extremely smooth and can be easily picked up by a single swipe, there will be excess shadow that can build up and make the whole compact a little messy. I suggest being careful when handling these shadows. I haven’t had this product long enough to find out if the magnetism is strong enough to hold these pans in place well, but they’re holding up pretty good so far. 

I will definitely go out and purchase more colors since I like the colors I chose, and I enjoy the excellent quality that the shadows have. Unfortunately, there isn’t a wide selection of shadows to choose from. There are only 10 shades, so I hope elf decides to create more colors soon.

2 comments:

D.Sadie (D.G.S.Beauty) May 29, 2011 at 9:27 PM  

Nice custom palette you got here. I especially love how pigmented the colors are. Golden Glow is really pretty. I can't wait to see you post up a look from these colors.

You should check out their website b/c they seem to always have specials. I just bought the 100 palette thanks to my friend.

-Dinah
http://dgsbeauty.blogspot.com/

Paint Me A Love Story May 30, 2011 at 8:09 PM  

I love elf! I noticed how you mentioned that some of the colors in your 100 color palette didn't swatch too well. I have the 32 color palette and it's the same way for me. Kind of disappointing, but it's not like the whole palette is a total bummer. They're actually starting to sell a bunch of their stuff at Targets now. I always go there to get my false eyelashes because they're only a buck.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP